Pharmacy Quality Scheme 2019-20
In September 2019, a new Pharmacy Quality Scheme was announced for the remainder of the 2019-20 financial year.
The new scheme has a declaration period between 9am 3rd February – 11:59pm 28th February 2020, claims can be made via MYS portal. Claims will be paid in March 2020.
To be eligible to collect the points necessary to claim the Quality Payment, the contractor must meet the four gateway criteria:
- Provision of at least one specified Advanced Service, seasonal flu vaccination and or NMS . Contractors must ensure they have these listed on their NHS UK Profile.
- NHS Mail, staff at the pharmacy must be able to send and receive NHSmail from their shared premises mailbox.
- Safeguarding level 2 ( new requirement) 80% of all pharmacy professionals must have achieved the level 2 training for children and vulnerable adults in the last 2 years.
- NHS website, update your NHS website for opening hours, services, facilities and information changes. This can be done from 1st of October 2019
If these four gateway criteria aren’t met, NO points will be earned and no payments made!!!
Aspiration ‘advance’ payment
At PSNC’s request, an aspiration payment will now be made within the scheme, ahead of contractors completing all the work on the various composite bundles/standalone criteria. These are advance payments of up to 70% of the contractor’s earning under the QPS in 2018/19.
To receive an aspiration payment, contractors will need to be meeting the gateway criteria and state which of the composite bundles/standalone criteria they expect to achieve.
This declaration will need to be undertaken by the end of October, with the aspiration payment being made by the end of November.
Click HERE for further details on how to claim an aspiration payment
Some of the quality criteria are bound together in composite bundles; contractors will need to achieve all activities within a bundle to receive payment for the bundle. Contractors can seek to achieve as many of the bundles or standalone criteria as they wish. Further information is detailed below.
The six composite bundles/standalone criteria are:
1. Risk management and safety composite bundle
2. Medicines safety audits complementing Quality and Outcomes Framework Quality
Improvement (QOF QI) composite bundle
3. Prevention composite bundle
4. Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
6. Digital enablers composite bundle
The LPC has the following documents for contractors to download:
We strongly recommend contractors to visit the following websites to access the required training and e-assessments and more detailed information on the PSNC website.
A Pharmacy Quality Scheme framework has been created on PharmOutcomes, which will allow contractors to track their progress with achieving the quality payments criteria. The assessment also contains links to the PSNC website to provide contractors with additional information on each criterion and links to other PharmOutcomes services to assist contractors with collating evidence.
Once a contractor has logged into PharmOutcomes, the framework can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Assessments’ tab on the PharmOutcomes homepage.
If a contractor has not used PharmOutcomes before, log in details can be obtained by sending a message to the PharmOutcomes helpdesk. Contractors will need to provide details of the pharmacy, contact information and an email address to issue the login details to.